Saturday, January 7, 2012

1 Down 51 to Go

The first week of 2012 is over! Canst you believe it? I can, and I'm rather relieved. This Tuesday I start up my first official on-campus (though technically off campus) class. It is a very interesting thing to live each day only to realize how quickly they slip through your fingers and trail out behind you like well picked bones.

For my first week of 2012 I worked every day but was able to finally start jogging again. I walked Monday (which felt rather a bit like March) with my parents. I jogged Tuesday with my mom and older sister at the local high school track. Then Wednesday after work I went running with my sister and today after work I went for a half an hour run. The first of the week was beautiful, warm, and really bizarre. Then this morning we woke up to about three inches of snow. Driving to work was terrifying but taking my run was an incredible thing to behold. It was as though I was existing in a snow globe. There were light snow flakes drifting lazily to the ground and the silence that a snow brings just completed the effect. All in all it was wonderful. Right now I'm really feeling the runner's high, and other side affects. I had shin splints up until today, but now my calves are sore from the run I had today. Ah well, to be healthy and in shape is worth it!

As a side note I had my angels looking out for me today. I was driving on the freeway to my grandparents and turned on my signal to merge into the middle lane. Apparently a SUV had the same idea and we merged at the same time. I was able to stay calm and correct the mistake without over-correcting and getting mushed up between other cars and the barrier. God was wonderful to me today. I feel terrible for that SUV driver. They obviously were only worried about their end destination and didn't realize the scrapes they were avoiding. One day that will catch up to them, and I hope they repent. It's always such a shame when people grow so self-absorbed by where they need to be and what they want that they disregard the importance of the people around them.

If human kind could do away with the selfish tendancies stitched into their hearts, then our world would be swept clean. All the bad and hurtful things that happen to us in the world by way of the influence of others is all linked to selfish desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment